Smiles & Tears Gift Box
The Smiles & Tears Gift Box has been created by the Nelson’s Journey Youth Panel and young volunteers. The majority of these young people have been bereaved and all felt that many adults and friends around them didn’t know what to say when their significant person died. They felt passionately that a supportive gift containing helpful information, activities and treats would have been of great comfort to them at a very challenging time.
The contents of the box has been carefully chosen and created by the Youth Panel and young volunteers to support recipients through the grieving process.
The contents of the box includes:
• Specially created bereavement mindfulness colouring postcards and colouring pencils/felt tips
• Feelings ball to help get out those strong emotions
• Emotions magnet to help find the right words
• Happy jar to store happy and positive thoughts
• Soft toy because everyone needs a hug sometimes
• Journal with pen and pencil for writing or drawing thoughts and feelings
• Fidget toy for when you just need to be ‘doing something’
• Gnaw chocolate bar because everyone needs a treat sometimes
Three Smiles & Tears gift boxes have been created for different guide age groups: 12- 17yrs, 8-12yrs and under 7’s. The Smiles & Tears box for under 7’s has been created for an adult to support a young child, helpful guidance of how to use the box is provided to assist the parent/carer.
*PLEASE FILL IN THE BELOW FORM BEFORE GOING TO CHECKOUT