We’d be very grateful for any time you can spare:
- Attending our Walk of Smiles and Christmas Carol Concert
- Delivering presentation talks about the charity
- Volunteering on therapeutic weekends and activity days
- Representing the charity at fundraising and profile raising events
- Youth Panel and Young Volunteer meetings
- Admin tasks in the office
- Preparing for therapeutic weekends and activity days
Volunteers working directly with vulnerable children and young people will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check. If a volunteer does not wish to work directly with our service users, they will be required to undergo a standard DBS check.
We invite all volunteers to the Nelson’s Journey office for an interview, which is then followed by a two day training session for those that wish to volunteer on our activity days, residential weekends and NJ Clubs. We hold interviews and training between one and two times per year. If you would like to support our events such as the Walk of Smiles then you can get involved with those much sooner.